Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LSV

S5 & S7 communication

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to connect several S5-115 and S7-400 PLCs in order to collect and monitor data using probably WinCC. Profius is already used, and I am thinking to use serial ports of the PLCs with serial to ethernet converter DIGI One RealPort, so I will have ethernet network. I'm looking for any comments on this idea or other suggestions. Thanks.

Hi, You could use Industrial ethernet called H1 with Step 5 and industrial ethernet by Step 7. I believe you need an cp1430 card in your S5 PLC and an CP343-1 in your S7 PLC further more you need an CP1613 card in your PC to make a connection with WinCC. You also could use an Applicomcard in your PC. Just check it I'm not aboslutely sure but I pointed you at least in the right direction. Rudi

Thanks for the reply and information. Right now there are no those cards installed on PLCs. If I install the cards, will the I/O addressing be changed (I am not experienced with Siemens PLCs)? And I am still interesting in somebody's opinion about using DIGI as I guess it would be cheaper way. Thanks.

Hi, I'd like to come back to my data collection question. I decided to use ethernet: install DIGI One IA for S5-115, install cp443 for s7-400, and I was thinking to use WinCC, but now I need to have an access to the Koyo (PLC Direct) DL205, DL305 PLCs as well. Is it possible to use WinCC and ethernet to collect data from all those PLCs or I need some other software? If somebody has an experience or knowledge, please give me some ideas. Thanks.