Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kev

Where do I learn

4 posts in this topic

I am brand new to PLC. The fellow we had here was terminated rather suddenly and I was elected to "figure this stuff out and make it work". I have begun by just looking at the PLC and software but can see that there is going to be a lot for me to digest quickly. Can you give me some advice as how to learn this the quickest way possible and is it as hard as it looks right now? Where did you guys get your expert programming know how? I am not a total block head. I do program Fanuc robots and CNC machines. I have built machine tools with relays, timer, ect. just no PLC. Where do I begin? Kevin

Since you posted in the AutomationDirect area you are most interested in that PLC. Try THIS SITE for in person training or order thier video training course. It would probably be best to call them to find out any additional items needed.

Warning! Self-promotion alert! Chris, if this crosses any boundaries as far as advertising is concerned, feel free to delete it. Check the simulator available at the MrPLC.com store. http://shopv2.mrplc.com/product_info.php/p...ccd4fb6cd761564 Since your company is already using PLCs, you probably have the programming software and you may even have a PLC available to practice on. This product lets you practice writing ladder logic programs and watching them work (or not) without running the risk of breaking things or disrupting production. If you have the software, but don't have a PLC available to practice on, check this out. http://shopv2.mrplc.com/product_info.php/p...242ed697064d19f

Thanks for the information. I like the idea of being able to program something and see it work without the danger of crashinging. Yes I do have the software, DirectSoft32, and a DL205 PLC. The PLC is in working condition and I have figured out a few things but the CD will be of great Value. Kevin