Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pooch70

Comms between PV 1400 Controllogix Processor

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I am looking for different alternatives for the best way to choose from a panelview a sequence of sootblowers into a controllogix program. There are 27 blowers and sometimes I just want to blow a certain number of them in different orders. So if possible any help would be appreciated in learning how to send a sequence to the program in processor. For example at ten in the morning the operator wants to blow 1,2,5,8,10,12,13,16,21,22 and 26, and then at ten in the evening wants to blow 25,24,22,18,15,19,16,1,2,4,6,26,27. I am using PanelBuilder 32 to program PanelView I am trying to give the operators as much flexability in building a sequence from the panelview as possible so as to get the most efficiency out of our sootblowing system as possible, which means allowing them to choose whatever order they deem neccesary to accomplish this. Somedays they may want to blow all 27 in consecutive order, or they may only want to blow the blowers in the top of the boiler, or even start at the top and work down. This allows them to minimize steam use if they only have to blow the ones they need. Thank You Calvin Edited by pooch70

Before we get into PanelView objects and Logix programs, a few questions about how you run sootblowers. In your post, you listed the sootblowers in numeric order, and said that your control program needs to run them "in different orders". Please explain more about this. Do they always need to run in numeric sequence, or do you have to change the sequence, or do you just have to select a subset of the whole bunch of them to run at once ? I sell MCCs for sootblower operation often, but I don't know much about the theory of sequencing, alternating, or scheduling sootblower operations.

Create an array DINT[27] ie, the first element is started first, and so on, if you encounter a 0, do nothing. In your panelview you can use an index to enter elements in the array. Should be various examples in AB's tech notes on arrays for ctrlgx

As a convenience to the operators (more work for you), you could put in a set of 'canned' menu options such as: a. blow 1-25 b. blow 25-1 c. blow top d. blow bottom e.<submenu> manual selection of order .02