Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
heron8888

adding 3 pv550s

6 posts in this topic

I HAVE A 5/03 WITH 1747 AIC CONNECTED BUT NOT USED AND WANT TO ADD 3 PV550S DO I HAVE TO HAVE 3 1761 NET AICS CONNECTED VIA 485 DAISY CHAINED AND LINK EACH NETAIC TO EACH PV VIA RS232 ALSO DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE ANY END TERMINATION AT LAST NET AIC OR IS IT BEST TO DO A RING BACK TO 1747 AIC? I HAVENT PURCHASED PV550S YET SO WHICH WOULD BE BEST?

heron8888: It is almost impossible to read the text you posted, next time remove the Caps Lock and use normal punctuation. MS Word can do it for you if you can't. Here is your question in normal view: ...and may be someone will respond faster.

You should be able to chain each PV550 directly from the SLC5/03 without the need for any other hardware. If that is what you are asking?

How exactly could i connect 3 pv550s directly to 5/o3 processor?

PanelViews come with several different connectors. One of the options is a DH485 port into the Panelview and a DH485 out of the panelview.   +----+   | PC |   +----+           +=====+ +=====+ +=====+  +-------+  /      \          |PV550| |PV550| |PV550|  |SLC5/03| +-----+--+         +=+=+=+ +=+=+=+ +=+=+=+  +-+-----+       |              | |     | |     | |      |       |  +---+       | |     | |     | |      |       +--|PIC|--/ /--+ +-----+ +-----+ +------+          +---+ Just like above using a DH485 network. The computer and PIC box (or equivalent) are used for programming etc and are not needed but act as Node 0, the SLC as node 1 and then the Panelviews just being nodes 2,3 and 4. I've seen this used with about 10 Panelview and I wouldn't reccomend that many because the network was very slow an unresponsive but 3 should be fine for most applications. Edited by Spedley

thanks smedley i will investigate purchasing pvs with 484 in/out hopefully with screw connections