Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kevinprior

Ladder menus

4 posts in this topic

hi, I was looking at a program the other day, which had drop down headings from the ladders in the program tree. Each of these corresponded to titles which were in that particular ladder, this looked a really good way to find your way through the program quickly. Does anybody know how to turn this option on? My programs do have titles in them, but they do not appear as sub-menus for the ladders. I am assuming there is a tick box in the options for this somewhere but I can't find it? Thanks

Greetngs Kevin, my guess is that what you're asking about isn't exactly a "titles" thing ... to put those in, you right click on the rung number and select "Edit Title" ... but I think that I know what you're looking for ... try right-clicking the ladder file icon ... then select Properties ... type (or Copy and Paste) your comment into the "Description" field ... now when you "float" your mouse over the ladder icon, the description will pop up "Tool Tip" style ... it will also show up on the title bar at the top of the ladder editor window ... it's very handy for keeping you oriented when working with several files at one time ... if you're into this type of thing, try out the "Advanced Diagnostics" feature under "Search" on the main menu ... it will allow you to "drill down" into the program by searching on the rung titles ... watch the screen shift down through the ladders as you click from one item to the next ... hope this helps ...

Hi Ron, Thanks for your help, that was what I wanted to do (when you go into advanced diagnostics) but when I saw this before it was also as a little button next to the ladder in question in the program tree. Thanks to what you said I have managed to do it. I went into tools-options-system preferences, and then ticked the integrate advanced diagnostics in the program tree. I can now drill down from program tree level. Thanks Kev

Well I never! Very usefull thanks!