Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brokenjo57

CV500-ETN01 problem

16 posts in this topic

Hello Guys, maybe I'm out of time but this is my actual problem. I'm becoming crazy. I must connect a CVM1-V2 + CV500-ETN01 on ethernet network and I would to transfer some DM area to a PC were I wrote my own small Delphi PLC monitoring program, using UDP sockets. Well, do you have some other idea why the answer is always an error “routing table error”? How I can do in the PLC and in the PC program to solve the problems? Thanks a lot in advance. Giuseppe

Hello Giuseppe, What software are you using? If you have CX-Net (Network Configuration Tool), you will need to establish a serial connection to the PLC, then open the routing table editor. From the editor, add a CPU SIOU at the slot position that corresponds to the UNIT number of your Ethernet unit. The Network number to enter will need to be your ethernet network number - (e.g 010.050.023.013) - so your number will need to be 13. Transfer this to the PLC, and off you go - all things being equal!. Hope this helps Regards anonymous

Thanks anonymous, in the weekend I'll try to solve my PLC problem. Thnaks again, Giuseppe

Dear guys, in the weekend I tried to solve my problem but !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I attached a word file with the tests but the communication didn't function. Let me know if you've a good idea about it. Thanks in advance. Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe, Give this a try... In the SIOU Unit setup dialogue, under 'Conversione', select 'Combinata'. Then under 'Tabella indirizzi IP', click 'Ins'. Now enter your computers IP address and transfer to the PLC... Let us know how it goes. Regards anonymous

This is the hardware: PLC: CV500-BC051 CVM1-CPU21-EV2 CV500-ETN01 Attached via C500-CIF01 to a Laptop with: CX-Programmer v. 5.00 CX-Server v. 2.2 Attached form CV500-ETN01 + adapter to D-Link hub 10/100 8 ports PC: Windown 98 No CX-Programmer or CX-Server or other PLC program installed. Only Omron Ethernet FINS Sample downloaded from this web site. Attached to D-Link hub 10/100 8 ports via LAN. The IP address is: 192.168.101.44, Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 I started from zero: 1: The switch in CV500-ETN01 are: unit no: 0 1 node no: 0 5 2: I started the CX-Programmer on Laptop 3: I erased the program in the PLC 4: I put a simply program with 3 rows in the PLC 5: I put the PLC in Program state 6: I opened I/O TABLE 7: I chose CREATE 8: In the SIOU unit appeared the Ethernet Module (ET) 9: In the Software Parameters I read: CIO Address: 1525 – 1549 In the DM Address: 2100 – 2199 10: In the CPU bus Module Etherneth I selected: IP Address: 192.168.101.5 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 Port FINS/UDP 9600 Conversion: Auto Address: Software (is the same of the switch) 11: I trasferred all data to PLC 12: I turned off the PLC for 10” and than I turned ON. 13: No errors appeared. The PLC is in Monitor mode. I checked the I/O configuration and it’s is ok. 14: Uau, the ping 192.168.101.5 on PC answered that it’s all ok. 15: In the Omron Ethernet FINS Sample I placed the configuration listed below: Local Node Parameters: IP Address: 192.168.101.44 (set automatic) TX Port: 9600 (set automatic) Net : 01 (set automatic) Node : 03 (set automatic) Unit : 00 (set automatic) Remote Node Parameters: IP Address: 192.168.101.5 TX Port: 9600 (set automatic) Net : 01 (set automatic) Node : 05 Unit : 01 No answer when I sent the FINS Command. When I changed the Node in Remote Node Parameters the answered was: ICF: C1 …. MEC: 90 SEC: 05 Data: 0105 I supposed that there was an error to the node 05 in Net 01 16: As you wrote me, through CX-Progr. I changed the Module bus Ethernet to: Combined and I inserted: Node number: 44 like the PC node IP Address: 192.168.101.44 After I turned OFF and ON the PLC. 17: With the Node 05, no answered, all other nodes number the same answered with error. 18: I think there’s one or more mistakes. At this point I’m in yours hands. Thanks for your help. Regards, Giuseppe

Hey Boys, where have you gone? Have you taken fear for the problem?

Use a network sniffer like Ethereal to intercept the UDP FINS packets and see what the problem is. Sounds to me tons of things can be wrong so it's quite hard to narrow down what the problem is by this information. If you don't even see packets beeing sent from your Win98 system then there's no need yet to look for the problem at PLC side... Be sure to have everyting you want to "snif" on a HUB otherwise you won't see any traffic.

I can't judge it very well as I don't have hands on experience on this method but your settings look quite logic to me. IP adresses, ports, node, network and unit numbers look ok. But as I say, I would first see if you can intercept the UDP packets and see if the header etc is ok, then look further.

I checked the udp packet but no errors appeared. It's strange, when I sent the FINS command to the exactly node (05) no answer appeared. With evidence the message was lost in the PLC, I think! If somebody good soul want to help me.....

More 100 read this notes and noone have a good idea? Where are the PLC genius?

Good, I'm waiting the weekend! Thanks in advance for your suggestion. G.R.