Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cartduty

Omron C20H

4 posts in this topic

Hello all, I have a C20H plc that is coming up with an system communications error that reads: "Unexecutable error clear, memory error, EEPROM write disabled, etc." Has anyone seen this? It always appears in the same position in the program, so I was hesitant to think it was a bad CPU. However, after I hooked up a laptop to monitor to see why the machine stops, I lose communication with the plc and the error pops up when the machine quits. I then have to reconnect to get back to monitoring mode. I thought maybe a memeory area could be damaged and it can't find a certain memory area. But that's just a thought! Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have not experienced this problem. What are the indicator lights on the CPU doing: Does the RUN light go out? What is the status of the Alarm/Error light, solid, blinking, off? Do you have a handheld programmer? If so, what is the error message on that unit? Any additional information would be helpful.

Since posting, the machine has started to function properly again. It had this error probably 5-6 times before running right again. I don't believe the PLC changed modes ( It stayed in run mode) because you just had to restart the machine. I am not sure about the error light. I'm sure the problem will return and i'll check that. I was mainly wondering if anyone had seen this particular error before. Edited by cartduty

It could be a momentary power failure caused by a slight short somewhere on the machine. You say it happens at the same point of the machine cycle if I'm reading you right? I'd be checking what moving parts of the machine are doing at the time it bails out and looking at what input/outputs are involved at that particular time. It could be a dodgy sensor or something like that. You say the fault has gone, aren't they just the worst snags on the planet. Sods law says it will come back just at the time you least need it lol. Good luck.