Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Taz

SYSMAC CQM1

11 posts in this topic

Please help, need to connect laptop to PLC and go online and monitor, Sysmac cqm1 (cpu41) I have omron software cx programmer V2.03 WITH OMRON RS232 CABLE. BUT NEED STEP BY STEP GUIDE on how to connect up and go online and monitor programme. Thanks Colin

I just uploaded the User Manual for CX-Programmer V2. There is a quick start in one of the first chapters. CX-Programmer V2 User Manual at Mr. PLC.com Hope this will help.

Will this manual show me how to connect to a CQM1, Thanks

Yes! Starting on manual page 21 (pdf page 27), it will walk you through the process. How to start a project, creating a ladder, downloading, and monitoring the program. You may also want to visit www.knowledge.omron.com. The manuals for the CQM1 will be available for downloading there. Hardware manual is W226, programming manual is W228. Do a search for those numbers and it will take you to the manual. Is the RS232 port being used on the processor? By default, it should be set up for Host Link and you should be able to connect to that port. Default communications are 9600 baud, 7 data bits, 2 stop bits and even parity. Edited by gtsuport

The Machine already has a programme in it, i just want to go online and monitor the ladder diagrame as we have a fault on the machine, will i have to create a new project before i can upload or can i just go to upload Thanks

With CX-Progammer V2 you will have to create a program. Newer versions have an auto-online feature that will connect and download the code.

Hi Guys Thanks for the quick reply's, I live in the UK. the RS port is not being used. Thanks Colin I will be back told you i would be back, what shall i do after creating new project Edited by Taz

Thanks guys for all your help, managed to go online tonight, but still need a bit more advice, how do you know what are inputs & outputs, Allen Bradley Siemens I & O'S Omron ?????????????????????????????????, Also how do you find what input output cards are connected to the PLC. Thanks

How do look up all the inputs & outputs that are being used. as a matter of interest were do you guys live

CQM1 Inputs are channel 0 - 15 (address 000.00 example) Outputs are channel 100 - 115 (100.00) There are 16 inputs built into the cpu, these are channel 0 (zero). the next INPUT module will be channel 1, etc. The first output module will be channel 100, the next will be channel 101 and so on. You may be able to see the I/O setup from the IO table in the left hand pane. Not sure though. I don't have a CQM1 setup, or CX-P v2. Good Luck.

To look up used addresses, go to View, Cross Reference report. You will need to select a memory area for the report, then I think Generate. You will probably not want a detailed report. try an overview first. Good Luck