Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DoubleL

Panelview 1200 Download problems

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, Ok I got the software I needed and uploaded my program fine and edited it. When trying to download it back to the terminal it gets to 5% and gives me an error. Naturally I tried to load the old program back and it gets to 13% then faults. So I tried uploading again and that works fine. When running the memory tests on the configuration page the User RAM and System RAM test pass but the Memory Checksum test fails. Anyone have any ideas aside from changing this PV to something else and using it for a boat anchor? As I said before I really don't have the luxury of changing it right now due to long lead times for anything else. Thanks, Larry

Versa View is available, so is RSView STudio/ME, Although you will have to start from scatch on the graphics by adding the tags for animation. It will probably end up looking better and more pleasing as an end result. 1200 1400 panelviews are a thing of the past now....

versaview is an industrial computer. probally overkill if you are doing something you just needed a dedicated operator terminal before. If he were to upgrade staying with RS, then he'd need a Panelview Plus and RSView Studio. Also, there are other great operator terminals out ther aside from Rockwell Larry, might want to see if you can download a clean application first. If that works, maybe you have to rebuild the old one.

I got it to work. Renamed my application to the old name and had to slow down my com port FIFO buffers then it downloaded. Whew! Thanks for the replies, Larry