Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Raj

NT20M Setting

10 posts in this topic

Hi I have NT20M-DIN121-V2 programmable terminal With NT600M-LK201 serial interface unit Please somebody guide me how to load the data. I have NTM software and backup (M2G, M2M, M2S, M2T, M2!) files In which port I have to transfer the DATA There are 2 Serial Ports are available 25pin female and 9pin female connector. And any setting is required in the terminal to transfer the data? Please HELP me Thanks in advance Raj

You can find the information in these manuals: NTST Dos V4.1 User Manual NT20M/NT600M User Manual You will also find a quick start for NTST V2.33 in the downloads section. Been a long time for that product. If you can't find the answers in the above manuals, let us know.

Hi Thanks very much finally I am able to transfer the DATA to NT20M Now I am facing one more problem. When I switch on the NT20M it’s generating an alarm “HOST ERROR” The sw1 pin 2,3,6 is on and 1,4,5,7,8 is off. But all the data’s are in the PT Is exist Please suggest me how to come out from the problem. Thanks Raj

Lets start out by turning SW1 pin 1 to ON. This should turn off automatic reset and hopefully will display the error. Maybe this will point you in a direction.

Thanks. I changed the setting and tried. I am able to access all the menus When I initialize the Screen Memory then only the “HOST ERROR” is displaying When error comes the beeper is on continuously. iamnayak.

Is this existing or new hardware installation? Are the NT files new or previously tested? I am trying to understand what may be happening. The error seems to indicate that the NT20M is not communicating with the PLC. Could be bad hardware, bad cable, or incorrect setup in the NT. Any additional information you can provide would be helpful.

Hi Sorry for the confusion. I’ am able to access the Basic MENU of the PT like Maintenance, init Screen, Quit. Etc. I’ am not loaded any files in the PT (NT20M-DN121-V2) Before loading any files if I initialize the SEREEN MEMORY the “HOST ERROR” Alarm is displaying. I' am not connected any hardware or PLC to PT only 24V is connected. SW1 pin 8 is off Thanks iamnayak

OK, I think I understand. The HOST ERROR message would be expected based on the fact that there is no PLC connected to the NT20M. The NT is not getting a response signal, so it thinks there is a problem with the PLC. I am pretty sure that is true. With no files loaded into the NT, the unit will not know how to communicate with the PLC. The PT Control and PT Notify areas handle the communication between the two devices. I would try loading your program into the NT20M and then see what happens.

Hi Thanks for replay I have 2 NT20M, I tried in other PT which is working properly. In that PT when I initialize the Screen memory the screen goes blank and PT goes to Run Mode without connecting any hardware or plc. After testing I reloaded all the data to the other PT It’s working fine.

Sorry about the incorrect information, it has been a long time since working on an NT20M. Have you tried swapping the NT600M-LK201 units? This may tell you if that unit is the problem. Since you do have one working NT, by swapping the host interface unit, if the NT that is now working gives the HOST ERROR message, you can be pretty sure the NT600M-LK201 is the problem. Just a thought.