Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Proficy 5.0 Update? Name confusion?

2 posts in this topic

I just bought my Proficy 5.0 update (Machine Edition) I was suprised to see when I installed "it". "It" still says Cimplicity Machine Edition. So what's up with the name change then? Is GE calling the whole package Proficy, but still Cimplicity is called Cimplicity Machine Edition? Why did my Proficy 5.0 CD-ROM install as Cimplicity Machine Edition? Anyone know? Just curious....

No, I do not know. But an 'educated' guess says that they will complete the name change with version 6.0, which right now is scheduled for mid '06. We will likely see some changes with Version 5.5 which is due out any week now. (So be sure to keep your subscription current, so you do not miss it.) I suspect that it will take a fair amount of work to change the name everywhere, and I for one appreciate that they put more resouces into improving the software rather than changing the name. In the mean time, just pretend and say 'Proficy' when youe see 'Cimplicity' no one will care and the software will run the same, I hope!