Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ricky J. Anwar

Remote Monitoring

4 posts in this topic

Dear All, I'd like to remote monitoring a Gas station, could i use: 1.FX2N CPU 2.Analog Input Module(FX2N-4AD) 3.Serial Interface Module(RS-232) 4.Modem in The Station. Furthermore, in Central Control Room, i will using 1.Modem 2.PC(GX Developer, Visual Basic, Microsoft Excel,etc) I ever seen this configuration in Mitsubishi Remote Monitoring Catalogue, if I'm not mistaken in Example case no.3, but it seems like 1:1 Communication only. What about 1:n communication, I mean for future The Central Control Room should monitoring more than 1 station. I will very grateful if anyone have the better suggest. Thanks, Ricky

Looks like you have a sound suggestion there, what you have listed will work, dont worry about 1:n connections in this instance, this is where you have one PLC communicating with more than one PLC. In your case I think that 1:1 is fine, but look in your documentation for the "gx developer" connection. this is the usual one to use.

Hi Ricky! I have made remote monitoring via modem. Your plan will work, but keep in mind, that each gas station needs one GX session, and one com port on your PC. Other, it is not clear, what you want. Do you want remotely control that gas staion for all time, or eventually? In the first case I would suggest other way than modem. I'm actually planing a remote controll by Intermet, using Ethernet adapter for PLC FX2n. If you are interested in it I can help later on (in case of success). So you can find me at jkojnok@t-online.hu Guapo

In the future if you intend to monitor more than one PLC, you'll need multiple phone lines, multiple PCs or multiple modems on one PC so each PLC can be connected at the same time. Or you can choose which PLC to dial into based on the open project and it's communication settings.