Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Yevgeny

FX2N + E600

7 posts in this topic

Can anybody give me some advice about connecting Panel MAC E600 to FX2N. Usually I use FX2N-485-BD and single MAC E600 panel. The problem is that now i have to connect 2 panels and PC to one PLC. Is it possible and what cofiguration can be used in that case?

>The problem is that now i have to connect 2 panels and PC to one PLC. Is it possible and what cofiguration can be used in that case?< Fit an ethernet card to each of the E600s. Connect them by using a hub, switch or cross over cable. Set up the client / server info in E-Designer. Connect one of the E600s to the Programming Port of the FX2N. Connect PC to the serial port of this E600 and programme in transparent mode. If you need a SCADA PC continuously connected, the above might not be that good - maybe use the 485 BD. System works well ... both screens have access to the FX2N data.

Do as you used to, have one screen on the RS485 board. Then put the other screen onto the PLC's programming port with the CAB19 cable. Then you can use your CAB5 programming cable for the E-terminals to program the PLC through the E-terminal. That way you still have a PC connection to the PLC as well as the two HMIs The FX3U when released will support 3 serial ports.

Thank you for your replies! Really I need to connect a SCADA PC. So I hope using ethernet boards will help me. Should I use MAC programmer for setting up client/server info or I have to find other software? Or maybe I can not only programm PLC through E-terminal, but also connect SCADA PC?

And one more question! I had successfully used 3 E700 panels with A2SH PLC, connected via PROFIBUS. May be it's possible to make it with FX PLC? Or FX2N can only be a slave in PROFIBUS network?

I have a similar set up, but using a Q2AS CPU. It is as follows: MAC E900 connected to Q2AS programming Port (RS422/485) MAC E900 ethernet connected to ethernet switch. MAC E700 ethernet connected to ethernet switch. Programming Laptop connectes to serial port on E900 and talks transparently to Q2AS SCADA PC talks to Q2AS using RS485 card on Q2AS rack (and converter at PC to change serial RS232 to RS485) Either MAC screen can be programmed from LAPTOP ethernet port using TCP/IP option in E-Designer Both Mac screens have access to data in the Q2AS. Setup using E-Designer software only. Assuming that a SCADA PC can talk to the RS485 BD (which I've never tried), then I think you have a similar setup. Have never used Profibus, so can't help there, sorry.

FX2N can only be a slave on Profibus. FX3U will have Profibus master capabilities. I have an application with one screen on the programming port of the FX2N, and another screen on an FX2N-485-BD. I use my CAB5 to connect it to a PC for data acquisition.