Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
angeraer

Convert a 12v input to 24v so PLC detects change

7 posts in this topic

Hello All! I created a windspeed meter. But it gives pulses with 12v. Now I would like to connect this with an Omron C200HX, ID212 module. But this one needs 24 volt to detect the pulse. Now I know you can use transistors to convert this 12v to 24v, but I have no idea how to do this? I guess my sensor has to connect to the PLC on a PNP (Sourcing) base? So how should I complete the sensor scheme so it puts 24v into the ID212 module? Thanks, Andy. I attached my windspeed sensor scheme.

The easiest solution would be to connect the +24 to the pin 14 of your op-amp where you currently have the +12V

Hello. The MC14584b is not an AMP-OPERATIONAL one, is a [Hex Schmitt Trigger], with hysteresis, and does not admit as Vcc greater of 18v, (See Pdf). As soon as it have a little free time, I send you a circuit with transistor to convert the exit (0-12V) in (0-24v).

Sorry, I forgot me the Pdf MC14584BCL.pdf

You may be able to use circuit as it is. Have your output go LOW when you want the plc to "SEE" the trigger. Put a 1M resistor from 24 volts to the PLC input. The input would always be HI and when you trigger it LOW there will be NO current and the PLC will react. You should be able to tie the commons together. Edited by OIDMBTRTECH

Circuit with transistror. transistor.pdf