Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
308guru

Changing online value display options in GX-DEV

6 posts in this topic

When I go online, all of the values are in 16bit decimal. Is there any way to change this to ASCII? As in the picture, D9 should be 10 in ASCII, but it is displaying 12337 decimal which doesn't mean anything to me. Thanks.

i am not aware of such option but you can look into Device Batch Monitor, it allows exactly what you are looking for. as far as i remember format is presented according to used instruction (math instructions using double words present the values as 32-bit integers or floating point etc.).

When you say ASCII, do you actually mean HEX? The code looks like you're comparing a data register with a HEX value? Think ASCII values are only used with string variables, and I'm afraid I've never used them.

don't have PLC at hand to try it ot but you should be able the use string compare instructions such as AND$= etc.

Found the ASCII look up table in the manual, which gives the HEX Codes for the ASCII Symbols Which means that your first four Hex values H3035, H3130 , H3430 and H3435 are equivalent to Ascii 05, 10, 40, 45 as it says in the comments. Your decimal value of 12341 is calculates to H3031 which then equates to ASCII 01, not the 10 you were expecting. Possibly the best bet would be to switch GX Developer to Hex View mode (which I'm sure you can do, you could in Medoc) and work in Hex, as the comparison constants are shown in Hex? ASCIICode HEX 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 41 42 43 44 45 46 Symbol ’0’ ’1’ ’2’ ’3’ ’4’ ’5’ ’6’ ’7’ ’8’ ’9’ ’A’ ’B’ ’C’ ’D’ ’E’ ’F’

... thats where Device Batch Monitor comes in handy.