Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest JohnC

MSG

7 posts in this topic

Ok another question Trying to use MSG command Getting these error messages on node 3 : Host Has a Problem and will not Communicate error(hex)20 on node 1: Target Node Cannot Respond Because of Incorrect Command Parameters error(hex)10 JohnC

It would be easier to help if you posted your code. Then someone may be able to spot your problem right away.

ok here we go Node3: Type: Peer to Peer Read/Write : Write Target: 500cpu Local/Remote: Local Control Block: N7:30 Control Length: 14 Setup: Data Table: N7:5 Element: 1 Channel: 0 Target: Timeout: 0 Data Table Addr: N7:5 Local Node Addr: 1 octal 1 Node1: Type: Peer to Peer Read/Write : Write Target: 500cpu Local/Remote: Local Control Block: N7:30 Control Length: 14 Setup: Data Table: N7:5 Element: 1 Channel: 0 Target: Timeout: 5 Data Table Addr: N7:5 Local Node Addr: 3 octal 3 Error message Target does not respond JohnC

Are you sending this over DH+ or what type of communications are you attempting to send over. If you are using DH+ I believe you will need Channel 1 not 0, if I remember correctly Channel 0 is for the serial port.

hi yes using general channel 1 dh+ JohnC

If i were you, i would set up the message blocks so one plc initiates all the communication. Otherwise, your just asking for trouble over dh+. Id set up one plc to do both a read and a write, and the other with no msg blocks(master/slave system). We are overhuling a plant right now because of this reason. One of the plcs constantly times out, so we are moving all the logic to one plc and installing an rio adapter.

Then why in your setup have you selected Channel 0 ???? Node3: Type: Peer to Peer Read/Write : Write Target: 500cpu Local/Remote: Local Control Block: N7:30 Control Length: 14 Setup: Data Table: N7:5 Element: 1 Channel: 0 Target: Timeout: 0 Data Table Addr: N7:5 Local Node Addr: 1 octal 1 Edited by TechJunki