Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_john

slc5/04 comms

4 posts in this topic

hi ppl could anyone help i am trying to get 2 slc5/04 processers to commuicate with each other using the dh port. 1: what do i need 2: how do i do it 3: i am programming them using the rs232 port Cheers John C

Got had not changed node No on one of the plcs DOH JohnC

Got it had not changed node No on one of the plcs DOH JohnC

1. Change the default node address on at least one of the SLC's. I don't remember exactly, but I believe the default node address is 0. Change one SLC to node 1, and the other to Node 2. This is done using channel configuration, then clicking on the Channel-1 system tab. You will also have to ensure that each SLC is set for the same baud rate. 2. Connect the two SLC's using Belden "Blue Hose", you will need a terminating resistor at each end of the blue hose, the baud rate selected in step one will determine the value of the resistor, for example if I remember correctly, 57.6 is 150 ohms. 3. Once the two systems are physically connected. You will have to use the MSG instrcution to pass data between the two systems. I would highly recommend you go to the AB website and download a couple of manuals on the SLC instruction set, and DH+.