Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ECSI

Omron adware?

3 posts in this topic

Hi Norton Antivirus ran on my computer this morning and the result was as shown below. Now, I didn't delete the file because I assume it is a necessary file used by one of the Omron programs on my computer. Just curious as to why Norton assumed it was adware. The Norton website said: Behavior Adware.Winshow is an adware component that modifies the Web browser's default home page and search settings without your permission. The funny thing is...I haven't installed or used any Omron software on this computer since my last Norton scan, which didn't pick up this file. Maybe LiveUpdate did something to Norton that causes it to see this file as adware. Or maybe....IT IS ADWARE!!! Has anyone else seen this?

I have about any Omron software package except CX-One ( I know ) installed but I don't have the file on that location. Could be that it's only recognised as a thread. Maybe someone else can have a look on their HD if they have the file

I have CX-One among other titles and I do have that file. Its in the same location too. ServerIFServiceRes.dll does not come up as adware or a virus for me when scanning with Symantec Antivirus or Microsoft AntiSpyware. ServerIFServiceRes.dll seems to be created from ServerIFService.dll acording to its history and an advanced file scan. I opened ServerIFServiceRes.dll with visual studio and it seems to have something to do with the underlying server program that Omron software uses to communicate with different packages along with outbound to the PLC. Perhaps your file has become corrupt, been infected, or norton is being dumb. I wouldn't worry too much about it, my home page never changed.