Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
imnew

hello everyone

4 posts in this topic

hello, glad to have found a board about plc's. a little background on me, i went to a tech school for electrical technologies and we studied plc's for about 6 months. i would say that 4 of the six were spent on A.B. (huge discount for the school) well we studied ge for about 3 weeks and i feel in love with them. i was informed that the bookstore had one copy left of a special priced programming package, it was 85 dollars. i bought this package and it has now been about a year and half since then i havent touched it. i mess around with machine design on paper and now i think it is time to make paper into reality. i was wondering if anyone could point me to a touchscreen that works with the ge plc's. what i want it to be able to do is push a button on the screen then have the plc do the function that the button dictates. any help on this would be great, if my head is in the clouds let me know. again thank you to anyone who responds and its my pleasure to be able to pick your brains for a while.

Go to www.gefanuc.com and look at the QuickPanel HMI, it starts at about $475 US or the 2 line DataPanel that starts at about $175.

This is a blatant commercial plug, but take a look at the MRPLC store here: http://shopv2.mrplc.com/product_info.php/m.../products_id/52 If you already have a PLC and programming software, it might be just what you're looking for.

I prefer a quickpanel as an operator interface. As a bonus, if you decide to switch to an AB plc or pretty much any other, the QP can be used on those as well. Or your could always buy a tablet pc and run wonderware