Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TSI

How can I operate the time value of sercos interf.

3 posts in this topic

Hello everybody ! I can't cope this problem and I would be very pleased if somebody help me. I want to read and write the present value of Brake Engage Delay Time of Our Motorcontrollers . I found some instruction which said I should use GST and SSV command but unf. I don't know how should I fill it ( I have newer worked Allen Bradley before this occassion ) . I noticed there are thousand optional parameter and data and I am getting confused . I attcach the program . Our configuration: Logix 5555 plc 1394 Sercos Interface Motor: 1326AH-B330F-21 ps Sorry for my questions level I don't have any chance to get information quickly also sorry my grammar. IH.ACD Edited by TSI

I believe you need the GSV (Get system variable) instruction, not GST. The instruction requires you to know the CIP Object class and the CIP Object Name which is the module name from the I/O configuration, the attribute name which (I think) should be "Brake Engage Delay Time". The GSV command will retrieve that variable from the motion module and send its value to your user variable of type REAL which is the DESTination field in the GSV command. The SSV command has the same structure except it writes from your user variable (Source) to the motion module attribute.

OkiePC is exactly right; the Brake Engage and Release times are two of the many drive parameters that are accessible over SERCOS using the Get System Variable (GSV) and Set System Variable (SSV) instructions. The values use REAL datatypes, and I think the value is in milliseconds. You'll need to define a REAL type Controller Tag to serve as the destination or source of each GSV/SSV instructions. Try not to fire those instructions except when necessary; each one requires a little bit of system time to process through the SERCOS module. The format is something like: GSV Class Name: AXIS Instance Name: Z_AXIS Attribute Name: BrakeEngageDelayTime Dest: Brake_Engage_Z_Read You could even make a REAL[3] array to hold the values you get and set, to make the data more orderly.