Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PeterRichter

smart relay cables

4 posts in this topic

Giddaye, My name's Peter - I have just joined although I've browsed this site many a time. I mainly design and built controllers for elevators and and waste trucks, compactors etc and anything that moves with hydraulics I'm just wondering if anyone knows if you can use the same cable to connect from a computer to a Omron ZEN smart relay and for the IDEC smat relay (FL1B, C) I have the ZEN one and someone has asked me to work on an IDEC. Thanks Peter Richter Richter Process Control Australia Edited by PeterRichter

Peter: As you can see from the ZEN-CIF01 programming cable you have that it has an electronic conversion circuit on its end to the ZEN. I believe, this is a proprietary of each manufacturer make them don’t work on each other even if they have same form factor. IDEC programming cable for the FL1 smart controller is the P.N. FL1A-PC1 in case you wanted to order. The other point I wanted to mention is the FL1B your customer wants to use is a discontinued one and the replacement is FL1C. Hope this will help Ahmad

Omron cable and Idec cable should be completely different. However the Idec cable and the Siemens Logo cable should be identical. The Idec guys buy the Siemens Logo and rebrand it.