Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_Josh

Firmware question

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, I recently purchased a GE Fanuc series 90 micro plc model# IC693UDR001NP1 off of ebay to try and learn the ins and outs of plcs. The seller included logicmaster and versapro, but the firmware was only 3.01 -not current enough to run versapro. I read that logicmaster was virtually obsolete, so I updated the firmware to 3.10 using the top file on this website http://www.geindustrial.com/cwc/gefanuc/su.../s90micro-u.htm It turns out that the cpu was wrong, guess I read the part number wrong. Thats what versapro tells me, so I tried logicmaster, and it's not letting me put it into RUN mode. Instead it is giving me "FAULT" where it should display "Run/Stop etc.." I found on this website http://www.geindustrial.com/cwc/gefanuc/su.../s90micro-d.htm the firmware that should have brought it back to version 3.01, only when I tried to attatch it to the slave, it keeps saying the attach fails. I tried almost all of the different baud rates. I tried various combinations of restarting my computer and unplugging the plc. Anyway, the documentation says that it's meant for UPgrading from 3.00 to 3.01. I was able to put it into run mode before I did this very stupid thing. Did I break the dang thing already? Does anyone have or know where I can get the correct firmware update, and how can I resolve this connection issue? I'd really appreciate any help on this Thanks, Josh

I'm going to start with Logicmaster because that appears to be closest to allowing you to program this PLC. I'm interpreting this to mean that Logicmaster is showing that you're in either 'Online' or 'Monitor' mode and the message is "Stop/Fault". If this is the case, first make sure Logimaster is online. If you're in Monitor mode, hit ALT + M once to get to Online. Next hit F3 (Status), then F3 again (PLCFLT) to get to the PLC fault table. Then hit F9 to clear the table. Do the same thing for the IO fault table. Then you should be able to put the PLC into RUN. If I've misinterpreted what you've described, and you have really managed to download the wrong firmware for your CPU model, I'd suggest calling tech support. I know that you have to carefully follow the steps outlined in the instructions when you're upgrading firmware. I also know that the instructions cover a recovery procedure if the upgrade sequence is interrupted, so you may not be completely out of luck.

Wow, that worked! I don't know what to say, I did actually download the wrong firmware update, which I guess was intended for similar plc with a larger cpu. The model number was one letter off. Anyway thanks again Steve, that saved me a lot of headaches.