Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cpmiller

SLC5/03 & Semiens Tp170a

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone I just discovered this site last night and this is my first post. I have created a "Test Station" at work to test motors, sensors, and anything else that we want to play with. It is made of spare parts which include a SLC5/03, 4ch Analog out, HSCE Module, and a SDN Module. The user interface is a Semiens TP170a. I am having 2 problems with this setup the first is probably my ignorance, every time power is cycled I have to reconfigure the scanlist in the SDN Module there is only 1 other node a Flex I/O Adapter w/16 in , 16 out, and Analog combo. I have read parts of the SDN User Manual but this has not helped. The second problem is the Touch Panel I have no problems writing to the SLC but am unable to pull any information out of the SLC (words or bits). The Touch Panel communicates over Ch 0 RS232 19200. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appriciated. Thanks, Chad

I wonder what's going on with your DeviceNet scanner... the Scanlist is stored in nonvolatile flash memory, so there's no way you should have to reload it on power cycle. What is the error message flashing on the 1747-SDN when you have a problem with it ? Maybe you could post the *.DNT file from your system and I'd be happy to have a look at it. I use the 1747-SDN every day, but not too often with FLEX I/O.

77 Data size returned does not match scan lists entry (node number alternately flashes). Reconfigure your module and change the addressing. Thanks Ken, this is the error on the SDN. I have all the modules mapped for I/O only, except the Analog Combo which has configuration info. As for your other question we are using VG616-G5U drives w/ SI-N interface cards. If the drives are not enabled then a zero speed is sent. And the only problem I have ever had with DNet is a FlexI/O Adapter fault which is usually cleared by cycling the 24v to the adapter. And as for EDS files I found your 515 files here http://www.odva.org/10_2/05_fp_tech.htm Labbench.dnt

It's a classic problem with drives and DeviceNet that your identity object changes with each voltage range and drive model and interface, so there are hundreds of EDS files per manufacturer (OK, so Cutler-Hammer only has two. Then again, the only sell one drive.) I was surprised to find those EDS files on the ODVA site. There are more there than on Yaskawa.Com ! But there still aren't any for the GPD515 and the Si-N1 version 2.02. I guess we just got the very newest hardware in the mill ! Once we got through to a support guy in New Berlin, WI, it only took a few minutes for him to locate and send the correct files. I think I know what's up with your 1794-ADN... I'll look it over and post here.

Because the 1794-ADN has an I/O size that depends on settings you make for each module attached to it, you need to take extra care when you set it up. The I/O size of the 1794-ADN cannot be changed while it has an I/O Connection to a master device. You can disable the scanlist entry, or remove the ADN from the scanlist, or simply unplug the scanner from the network. If you don't, and you make a configuration change that affects the I/O size, the software will indicate an error code 0x0C (12 decimal), described as an "Object State Error".

But that's likely not your problem at all, because of your description of having to reconfigure things after a power cycle. Go un-check the Auto Device Replacement ("ADR") settings in your 1747-SDN configuration. If you enabled ADR before you configured the 1794-ADN adapter, then there are configuration settings for the FLEX adapter stored in the scanner's ADR memory that are defaults from the EDS file. The analog module I/O size by default is different from what you have configured. When the 1747-SDN establishes communications with a 1794-ADN (such as after power cycle), it loads the ADR configuration (if that's enabled) into the adapter before it makes the I/O connection. If you enable ADR, do so after you have configured all the devices on the network and have their configurations in the RSNetworx offline file. Otherwise, there's a chance that something like this will happen as the ADR function rolls back your configuration changes.