Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Metro52

heeeelp

5 posts in this topic

I am using a Micrologix 1500 1764- LRP Series B for my senior project. I am having a issue. I finally figured out how to add power to turn on the PLC. I am wondering why when i run the program nothing happens. I am expecting that once i have connected the two switches to the input side(applying a 3v power supply) of the PLC then connect a resistor to a LED on the output side. Do I need a relay (whatever that is?)? If I need one where will I find on at? Does someone have a wiring diagram? I am using this at school for a small project. Thank you.

Well, the inputs are not going to respond to a 3v power supply. If the part number of the I/O base ends in AWA (1764-24AWA), the inputs are 120 VAC and the outputs are relays. If it ends in BWA, the inputs are 24 VDC and the outputs are relays. If it ends in BXB, the inputs are 24 VDC and the outputs are a mixture of relays and 24 VDC FET's.

Metro52 We won’t give you the solution – learning to figure that out is what school is really all about. But when one does not have access to essential information it can be really frustrating and I’ll gladly point you in the direction of getting that information. Go to http://www.ab.com/ On the black menu bar below the red Rockwell Automation banner find the link called support. Click it and then on the drop down menu choose Online Support -> Literature Library. Find Programmable Controllers in the list you will be taken to. Expand it and select the Micrologix 1500. If you don’t see what you need then enter the model number of the PLC in the search field. You now have access to all the published manuals for the Micrologix-1500 PLC model line. Refer to the installation manual for help with your wiring and voltages and refer to the user manual for other issues. You can also download an instruction set reference manual for the PLC to help you with your program.