Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JouniK

a bunch of NT20S', CQM1 and CPM1A ++

6 posts in this topic

I have 5 NT20S ST122-v1, 1 NT20M with RS232C, 2 CPM1A and a CQM1 cpu21. Now after reading the spaghetti instructions of all these machines, i still am not quite sure what i can connect and where. At this point i want to test, if the NT20S' work, but apparently i can't connect them to neither CPM1A or CQM1, because the moon is out of focus compared to the galaxy jfj23423-jjrej222 and it's not inline with the line from jupiter to planet zorg. The NT20M i can apparently connect to the CPM1A with the CPM1-CIF01 RS232-converter. This is all official plaa plaa from omron, i don't mind doing the stuff the unofficial way, because this equipment isn't going to be put in any industrial use. I just want to make them connected, so give me all the hacks you can think of. Are the omron protocols open for viewing, so one could make a converter between the PLC and the HMI? Also i don't have the special cables, that are needed to do all this omron special connections, but i do have connectors, so i can make the cables myself, if someone gives me the wiring diagrams. I also need a wiring diagram for the cable between the c200h-pro27-e programming console and both of the PLCs. If someone can figure out the way of connecting a PC to the cqm1 through the peripheral interface without the cqm-cif01 (or whatever), like talked about in the cpm1 hack conversation, i'd be thankful. Why is it, that the computer's RS232 needs to be converted into some omron special protocol and then the NT's only work with RS232, except for this and that, but tih sand that aren't compatible, and either the PLCs have only one RS232 or none? Does this sound reasonable to you? I don't see why this has to be so complicated.

Lighten up, man! CQM1_CIF02.pdf

Well that i do understand, but there are all sorts of protocols, like host link, nt link, direct link whatever link, which some know, some don't and none know them all. Thanks for the cif02 pdf, i'll have to check it out. Edited by JouniK

Sorry! Didn't catch the number 122... Yep, you are out of luck...Those units make pretty good boat anchors without a C200H bus interface...didn't get them on ebay, did you? The C200H bus interface is a parallel connection for driving the expansion racks of a C200H and in this case. the NT20S at a pretty good speed. At minimum you would have to have a C200H-CPUx1 CPU and a backplane.

Is the information about the c200h bus interface available? I'm considering a microcontroller, that would convert it to host link or nt link (information about those links also required), though i don't think i have the resources to do it atleast not very fast. I didn't get them from ebay and they really aren't good as anchors. What i don't understand is, that if a PLC has RS232 and the weird omron connector, and the NT has RS232 and the weird omron connector, how come they can't work together. I have 2 guesses, but i think i'm gonna keep them to myself. Apparently you can use the CQM1-CIF02 in place of the CPM1-CIF01 with the CPM1, atleast that's what they've drawn in the CPM1 operational manual. The cable between the CPM and the C200h-PRO27 console is C200H-CN222 (or C200H-CN422). If someone has one of those cables, could you measure if it's connected straight or do some wires cross and which ones, thanks. About the pdf about the CQM1-CIF02. You wouldn't happend to have the pin numbers for the PLC connector, would you?

You now have everything on the subject that I have. Maybe somebody at Omron Finland could help.