Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rebuke

Anyone try PLC programming with a PDA?

4 posts in this topic

Interested to know if anyone has heard of installing RS-Logix or CX-Programmer on a PDA before. The most likely Windows platform would be CE.

Perhaps here you can find what you are looking for !?

Anyone remember RSPocketLogix?? We had a demo unit back when I worked at Mac & Mac. From what I recall, it would only work on one particular model of HP palmtop. I'm sure it must have been a beta test version though! I only got to see it in action a couple times, the guy it was on loan to was greedy Looked like a pretty good squished-down version of RSLogix though. What ever happened to that product?? It seems to have vaporized

I also saw PocketLogix, but that has been several years ago. I have not seen it since. Since it only worked for SLCs, I doubt I would have shelled out what they wanted. We have been doing some remote monitoring from a 1756-EWEB module to a Pocket PC. It is kind of a pain to write, but it seems to work fairly well. Although you cannot change logic you can change presets, alarm setpoints, reset alarms and start/stop systems. I like the fact I don't have to pay for an HMI package and try to maintain the plant personnel's PPC. "If your internet browser doesn't work plant dude, call BestBuy and get a new one." Edited by HalBishop