2 posts in this topic

Hi!

A have a question about how can I send the current User data from the Panelview (HMI) to the PLC.

Its an allen bradley PLC 1756 L71.

In the Factory Talk view I tried to make a register and to move in it the current user, but unfortunatelly its not working.

Is anybody here who can help me with this ?

Thanks ahead.

Br.

Here's a possible solution:

• Create a list that correlates each of your PanelView users to a unique numeric value. For example: Default User = 0, Linda = 10, Bill = 20, Fred = 30, etc.  
  • In ControlLogix create a tag called "Current_User" (or whatever works for you) of the data type DINT.
  • In FTME Studio under Logic & Control, create a logout macro that writes 0 to the Current_User tag. Create login macros for each user that writes that user's numeric value to the Current_User tag.
  • In Runtime Security, select users one at a time and assign the macros. Everyone would have their own login macro, but only one logout macro would be needed to show the default user.
  • Then just write whatever code you want in the controller to react to the value / current PanelView user. If you're wanting to restrict line speed when Fred is logged in, then use some math and MOV instructions that uses Current_User value as a source, and set the max speed accordingly.

Problems:

• If you have any amount of attrition you'll have to edit or create new macros, then create and download a new .MER file to the PanelView.
  • Any edits to the PanelView users may also require editing of the Logix code.
  • If you have attrition concerns or a large work force, you might want to create user groups and assign values and macros there instead of to individual users. FTME has Admin buttons that allow adding users and assigning them to groups at runtime so you don't have to download a new .MER.

I'm not sure what your goals are but using this method, the controller itself won't really behave any differently because one person or another is logged in. I don't think there's any way you can use this to start auditing, restrict forcing, etc. If that's what you're wanting to achieve, you'll want to start using FT Security features in the Admin Console. And that is a whole other conversation.

Hope this helps.