Dadde

Gx Works 3 simulation of IQ-R & Fernhill, no connection.

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I am trying to do something tricky today by simulating an IQ-R plc(R08CPU) in gx works 3, and to make it connect to Fernhill SCADA as well. All done on the same PC.

My goal is to see that I can make the IQ-R series work with Fernhill as that is also a question I want to solve before buying the PLC and I was hoping I could use the simulation for this.

I have tried searching if this is something that will work at all and so far I have not found anything... It feels like it is a very special case to have both the simulation and the SCADA on the same pc for one, second is that I don't know how the simulated PLC's IP address will behave, I cannot ping it for instance.

The first step of my issue is, My simulated PLC has an IP address. In my mind I should be able to ping this address on my PC, which I cannot. If I cannot use the simulated PLC's IP address, I will have a hard time connecting it to the Fernhill SCADA.

Second step/question is, will the Fernhill SCADA be able to work with the simulated PLC?

help is appreciated!

@Dadde for testing you maybe use MX Component with MX OPC Server (or OPC UA Server if need) that could access with GX Simulator 3 then connect with your SCADA with OPC driver.