Bhavin017

Data Register Gets clear after power cycle

10 posts in this topic

I am working on resolving issue in Press Machine where previous engineer has developed logic as per attached file.

the atatched screen of HMI can only access by Engineer and only Engineer can set value of SPM (Stroke per minute). Once switch is set on the SPM of any job can not go beyond set value.

The issue I am facing it when we power cycle, the switch get off and the register D2842 get SPM back to normal (set as per the die data) not by eng.

How I can hold that data after Cycle power?

1-1 Current issue.png

current issue in 1-1 hmi.png

You'll need to Latch  D2842 in the PLC parameters. which controller are you using ?

Posted (edited)

@GambitI am using Q13UDEHCPU PLC.

Also parameter setting is attached file

Current Parameter Setting.png

Edited by Bhavin017

Posted (edited)

Then D2842  should be lachted, So it's either overwritten in the program (maybe an inital program) somewhere after a reboot  or the  battery has died.

Is there a yellow LED lit on the CPU? Can you check the parameters if the battery detection is disabled 

Edited by Gambit
1 person likes this

let me check with the CPU and parameter and will get back to you. Thanks for your immediate reply @Gambit

Posted (edited)

Sorry but I am new in this field so i will ask some stupid question and I ask your pardon in advance.

There is one more thing, what about the HMI Switch M635? because as per logic if that switch is off then R7444 value can not copy to D2842. and everytime Eng has to go to Press after power cycle to turn that switch ON. is there any way I can maintain status of that switch? 

Edited by Bhavin017

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

Then D2842  should be lachted, So it's either overwritten in the program (maybe an inital program) somewhere after a reboot  or the  battery has died.

Is there a yellow LED lit on the CPU? Can you check the parameters if the battery detection is disabled 

I checked PLC and Battery is functioning fine. no LED on PLC for battery

On 5-4-2024 at 5:24 PM, Bhavin017 said:

Sorry but I am new in this field so i will ask some stupid question and I ask your pardon in advance.

There is one more thing, what about the HMI Switch M635? because as per logic if that switch is off then R7444 value can not copy to D2842. and everytime Eng has to go to Press after power cycle to turn that switch ON. is there any way I can maintain status of that switch? 

Just Change M to an L device. Those are latched 

Then I expect there is something in the code on start-up. chianging the values

On 4/8/2024 at 2:49 AM, Gambit said:

Just Change M to an L device. Those are latched 

thanks @Gambit. its Working on simulation. Will try that logic on machine next week