rualcosi

How to calculate square meters with cj1m?

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, once again I come to ask for your wise help to learn how to do it:
How to calculate square meters with cj1m.
Let me explain:
I have a cj1m-cpu22 to which an hmi ns5 is connected and they asked me to make a screen that would display the number of total pieces produced, the pieces per minute and the square meters produced, which at the end of each shift will be reset. by the operator after taking note of them.

I leave the network I made to see how the counts of pieces per minute and total pieces are done

Thank's for help.

contagens.zip

52 minutes ago, rualcosi said:

I leave the network I made to see how the counts of pieces per minute and total pieces are done

I didn't look at the file you provided but I must ask, are these values accurate? Do you have the dimensions of the product? Can you multiply the length * width then multiply by the number of pieces? 

IO_Rack, first of all, thank you for your willingness to help.
" Can you multiply the length * width then multiply by the number of pieces? "
This is truly my problem. I've tried everything I know, that is, very little in calculations with the CJ1M, and I can't get the math to add up. I know that by multiplying side times side I get the area of each piece and then multiplying by the number of pieces I get the so-called square meters but my problem is that in the HMI the operator enters the measurements and these go to the PLC in HEX. This is where the problem is, for example, let's say the piece is 0.200 x 0.200, the operator enters side A = 200, side B = 200 and now my fight begins. How do I make these values so that side A = 0.200 and side B = 0.200 so that I can then multiply with the number of pieces?
Thank you very much in advance for any and all help you can give in my learning process.

Guys, I already found the solution. I'll leave it as an attachment as it turned out, as it might come in handy for someone else who, like me, still has a lot to learn, eheheheh.
Thank you to everyone and especially to IO_Rack for your availability and helpful spirit.
Until next time, doubt
Thanks.

contagens (2).zip