Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nileshsurya

flexlogix problem

5 posts in this topic

hi thr all plc ppl i have a prooblem,lookin for a solution this morning i started work on a flexlogix - L34/B (512 kb memory) processor i was about to load firmware on it using controlflash with RS-232 serial connection while in the process my com port malfunctioned and the process remained unfinished now when i power up my processor the OK LED remains steady RED, which tells me tht the controller is faulted and the action described in the manual is clear memory or replace the controller when i try to go online from RSLINX from another PC it is also unsuccessful. tell me whether if the processor is faulted still can we go online from RSLinx or not(im running rslinx 2.42 and 2.43) it is also told to clear the memory of the processor(can we do tht externally using some jumper settings on a flexlogix processor) i wud also like to tell tht i have not yet connected the battery to the flexlogix plz help me out with a solution AS soon as possible im waiting for reply from all u plc experts thanks in advance Regards Nilesh Surya

so did you try clearing memory and re-downloading firmware?

Unfortunately, Nilesh, this is a serious problem. It appears that you have "bricked" the controller by interrupting firmware download. It is very uncommon but it is possible. If the battery is not connected, simply cycling power will reset the controller. There is no other reset method. If RSLinx can "browse" the controller via DF1, you can try re-downloading the firmware. If RSLinx cannot browse the controller via DF1, you must replace the controller. When I load firmware into FlexLogix controllers, I strongly prefer to use an Ethernet card.

If you can't communicate with processor and OK light is solid red - processor is bricked and needs to be replaced. Call Techsupport ASAP and report this problem. With case number contact your local distributor for replacement. Unfortunately Ethernet solution not always works on new FlexLogix processors. You have to flash it to get ENBT working See: P111449299 - FlexLogix Ethernet card 1788-ENBT ver 2.1 will not work with some controllers Edited by Contr_Conn

Sounds like it is time to contact the closest AB distributor and/or sales office and see if they can bail you out. I've never experienced the exact situation you're in, but in general, interrupting a firmware download is near the top of the list of Very, Very Bad Things.