Dpstechnical

NV3W-MR20L to NB3Q-TW00B with CP1L-L20DR-D

3 posts in this topic

Afternoon,

Wondered if anyone can give me a steer / push in the right direction.

I have an NV3W-MR20L that has failed. I have bought an NB3Q-TW00B to replace it with but understand that the NV series will need a complete re-write of the NB Series program.

I have no experience of OMRON - don't laugh, but I have a problem with No and Can't too in the technical sense.

Short version I have started recreating the new NV screens for the HMI in NV designer. The address list I have found  - but I am working backwards and have just looked in CX-Programmer to try to understand where the calls for the screens and the addresses are located.

I know my terminology will be incorrect but I guess you will have an idea of what I mean. I need to undertand how the PLC calls for the correct screen in the HMI, given the new HMI will have a different listing so to speak.

Anyone able to assist?

Thanks in advance - even if you just read this and laugh!!

D

Hello, I can try to help you. I already had to do the same with a very old HMI and I managed to get everything working. But you have to share the programs with me so I can analyze them and try to understand how they did it.

For the NV, go to PT > NV Configuration and look at the Word Area. The first Word in the field is the PLC address for the screen number.