rualcosi

Help with Weintek MT871iE

4 posts in this topic

I need help to understand how communication with frequency inverters works in this example, as I need to add two more and I don't understand how they communicate with inverters.
I leave a copy of the HMI program so you can see it and who knows, maybe give some tips on how this was done so that I understand how I should add the two variators.
Thank you very much in advance for any and all possible help.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11UYEAE84POiYTIa8j7lu9xD3CXfrDAiW?usp=sharing

You need to establish a working serial connection between the HMI and the VFD regardless of the equipment’s brand. That means correct interface and protocol settings. HMI and VFD communication ports should have same settings (but different addresses) in order to communicate each other.

Each VFD capable of RS-485 control has a set of control registers. By writing pre-determined values to those registers, VFD starts, accelerates, decelerates, stops and other functions. All control registers, their addresses and possible values are described in the manufacturers’ manuals.

You should create screen objects that write and read those values to/from the control registers of the VFD. Some registers are writable and readable (for RUN and STOP commands for example) while others are read-only (for status and alarms for example).

Steps are identical regardless of the brands. I don’t work with Weintek but it is all the same.

Thanks for your answer, I know that part, my big doubt is that I can't find any of the HMI program anywhere, a reference to a modbus address and the strangest thing is that it is working, sending the speeds and saving the same in the recipes.
As I need to add two more variators, I wanted to understand how they did this so I didn't have to change the entire program but rather copy what was already done and then adjust it to the variators I'm going to add.

Guys, I already found what I was looking for.
I leave you an image to see what I needed.
Anyway, I want to thank everyone for any and all help. Thank you and see you next time.

problem solved.jpg