csmith85

open rss file

10 posts in this topic

I'm looking to open a rss file. We have some older Allen Bradley in this plant but I'm not familiar with the software. I found a workstation with a rslogix 500 software but I cant open the file. I've read in these forums and seen responses where i can upload the file and someone can put it into a pdf ? or what is my other options?

MTVAC35.RSS.com

Edited by csmith85

Your file is posted here as a .com and I can't open it. Can you post it as just a .RSS?

I just took the ".com" off the end and it opened. No symbols or comments, though.

MTVAC35.pdf

Joe E. looking at the pdf, it only has 83 rungs, was that all that was in the original?

Hmmmm, that is weird. I told it to print the whole thing but it looks like it didn't work right. LAD 2 has 140 rungs. Let me try again with a different print driver.

Try this. "Microsoft Print to PDF" is pretty awful, it seems. Some pages ended up missing and the file size always seems huge.

MTVAC35.pdf

still missing but made it to 93 rungs.

That's crazy. The preview shows all rungs, and I could have sworn I double checked the pdf but it's not there.

Here's just lad 2. It printed the whole thing when just doing an individual ladder file.

MTVAC35_Lad2.pdf