SSrikakolum

IOLINK Master on EtherCAT Communication

3 posts in this topic

I have an Omron NX PLC  NX1p2 which Supports EtherCAT . also I have Balluff BNI00HA Ecat Block(IOlink Master). I have setup communications and connected a BNI004K balluff I/O device. I managed to get inputs and i can read it as well. but to set the pins of BNI004K as outputs i have to configure the module by accessing its Index and Subindex.

I tried with IOLwrite Block but it says 16#4802 error. Also an Engineer from balluff suggested me to use CoE block but while reading the description is said CAN over EThercat. WHile my devices are IOLINK..

If Anyone can Help.Please.

SS1 - Is the error I am getting on IOLink instruction

SS2 - Is what i did. which is an IOlink Write block from Omron

SS3 - is what balluff Engineer suggested.

SS1.png

SS2.png

SS3.png

You will need to use the EtherCAT SDO instructions to do this. The IOL_XXXXX instructions are for Omron Masters on EtherCAT or the NX Bus. Use the SDO Read instruction first to read the current values and confirm the size, then write the correct size back with your changes.

Thank you, out office for today the very first thing I will do tomorrow will be reading first and then writing. I don't know if these blocks are actually accessing the index and sub index and writing to it,