Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KennethPalesh

Kiethley DAQ6510 and AB 5069 Socket Talk

4 posts in this topic

Good afternoon everyone,

I having an issue with getting data out of the DAQ and into the PLC. I assume the issue is in regards to my TSP code script. Has anyone communicated w/ the follow devices. 

Keithley DAQ6510 - https://www.tek.com/en/products/keithley/digital-multimeter/keithley-daq6510

AB 5069-L310ERS2 - https://www.rockwellautomation.com/en-us/products/details.5069-L310ERS2.html

Currently I can send a command from the PLC to the DAQ via the socket us TCIP and that works well but now I need to get information out of the DAQ and for some reason I can't get a connection. I can ping the plc/daq no issue there and im not 100% sure what port the plc uses maybe that is my main issue. 

here is my TSP code and where it is failing.

Line 24 you can it in the below buffer in blue table:2b225c8

LIne 26 I make the DAQ beep at me just to verify the signal

Line 32 I try to connect to my plc IP address, I THINK I have the port set to 5025 but I don't know how to confirm that

Line 38 Im trying to push data to a tag

Line 41 disconnecting 

let me know what you all see or if you need more information here. 

TSP1.jpg

I'm not aware of any Rockwell products that will simply accept a bare TCP connection without a bunch of active socket operations to set up a listening socket and respond to new connections.  Do you have such ladder logic in your PLC?

If you don't want to write ladder to support bare TCP, you will need to learn how to use EtherNet/IP and Rockwell's data access services.

pturmel,

I figured it out I had fat fingered a 0 where a 500 should been! this is now a working solution. 

here are some readings and the world famous *IDN?

IDN.jpg

readings.jpg

So in a nut shell the PLC is sending a TCIP script to the DAQ, asking the DAC to print its buffer, then the PLC is asking for the buffer. the PLC is the master and no code lives on the DAQ. The code I send to the DAQ is as follows also notice the $l which is line feed this is needed. 

reset()$r$l
scanCount = 1$r$l
defbuffer1.clear()$r$l
channel.setdmm("101:110", dmm.ATTR_MEAS_FUNCTION, dmm.FUNC_4W_RESISTANCE, dmm.ATTR_MEAS_RANGE, 1, dmm.ATTR_MEAS_OFFCOMP_ENABLE, dmm.OCOMP_ON)$r$l
channel.setdmm("101:110", dmm.ATTR_MEAS_NPLC, 3)$r$l
scan.add("101:110")$r$l
scan.scancount = scanCount$r$l
trigger.model.initiate()$r$l
waitcomplete()$r$l
beeper.beep(2, 2400)$l
printbuffer(1, defbuffer1.n, defbuffer1, defbuffer1.readings, defbuffer1.channels)$l

after the print the PLC does a read and it reads this data from the DAQ

9.9e+37, 9.9e+37, 101, 
9.9e+37, 9.9e+37, 102, 
9.9e+37, 9.9e+37, 103, 
9.9e+37, 9.9e+37, 104, 
9.9e+37, 9.9e+37, 105, 
9.9e+37, 9.9e+37, 106, 
9.9e+37, 9.9e+37, 107, 
9.9e+37, 9.9e+37, 108, 
9.9e+37, 9.9e+37, 109, 
9.9e+37, 9.9e+37, 110$l

1 person likes this