John Whited

InTouch View - Dynamic Window Show / Hide (Help)

5 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I'm new to System Platform and am looking for some advice, or some help solving a problem with one of the show / hide dynamic controls.  I'm just struggling due to a lack of experience with this system's architecture and I'm hoping that if I provide snips showing the configs of everything, and the scripts, that someone can provide some insight or advice for how to restore the functionality.  Which brings me to the problem statement.  This is a navigation bar that has been a part of this set of screens and has worked in the past.  The navigation bar is controlled dynamically and had three different sets of buttons used for quick navigation to screens that are most important.  The three bars are shown / hid depending on what the current screen is.  The whole System Platform was upgraded from version 2014 to version 2020 over the Thanksgiving holiday shutdown.  Since then, the navigation bar hasn't been working.  It appears that it's always hid now.  Please take a look the snips I've attached to demonstrate the navigation bar, what it looks like, how its objects are configured, and how the graphic symbols are set and controlled (animations, custom properties).  Also, see the snips related to the dynamic control script and associated tags / objects.  I'd appreciate any advice or help.  (I'm open to text messaging or phone calls too).

Thanks, 

John Whited

+1(740) 260-4569

john_whited@colpal.com

I guess I can only load a very limited amount of file data, so, please send me an email to send all of these snips and I can share that way

Some random thoughts

1. Can you add a display object which shows the "Curr_Screen" variable somewhere on a few of the windows and make sure it is one of your known identified values?

2.  In the "Curr_Screen" data change script add a numeric memory variable.  Set it to 0 at the start of the script and add 1,2,4,8 respecitvely to it for each if then that executes.  Monitoirung this will tell you what the scipt is doing.

3.  Try adding buttons on a sandbox screen that can show each button bar.  see if they remain visible.