root66

Proficy iFix 5.8 SCADAs crashing

2 posts in this topic

So, our plant has Proficy iFix 5.8 running on a handful of Windows 7 VM's, which, form my understanding, are running 24/7. However, since before a got here, they have had an issue where iFix will crash usually every couple of months, leading to screens and panels not looking right and freaking out everyone at the plant, and we reboot the VM.

Apparently, we have always tried to reboot them every 3 months or so. Long story short, this is a difficult thing to organize at our plant. I would prefer to know why this is happening in the first place and try to fix that problem if possible.

I was wondering if anyone else has experience this type of issue or may have any idea why this happens or if this is normal. I can barely find anything useful pertaining to iFix, online.

I have attached a pic of what I see in Windows event viewer before rebooting the VMs.

This is what mostly caught my attention:

Faulting application name: CONMGR.EXE, version: 5.8.8255.0, time stamp: 0x5240ee18
Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.40219.325, time stamp: 0x4df2be1e

I haven't been able to find anything concerning Connection Manager either. Any information is appreciated.

scadas crashing.PNG

That's the kind of fault information that would normally only be decipherable by someone with the source code.  So, contact whoever sells Proficy now-a-days.  Don't be surprised to be told that it is a bug fixed in a newer version, and you need to upgrade.  Or, perhaps, that it might be a bug, but you need to run the latest version to be sure.