Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gaminn

SEW MCV41 operate from terminals

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have SEW MCV41 and I'm able to run only in manual mode from DGB11B operator panel menu. Once I set controller inhibit terminal to 1, the status changes from controller inhibit to waiting for data. I guess the inverter is set to be operated from some serial bus, but I don't have any, I would like to operate inverter from the terminals of the inverter. I also tried to factory reset the inverter but that doesn't help.

How to operate this inverter from terminals?

Read the manual, the control types are explained there, and what parameters you need to set to control it through the terminals.

Are you using the DGB to commission the drive? I would suggest you to use Movitools software from SEW do to commissioning of the drive. It's a lot easyer to commission with that software.

Disable the fieldbus from parameters. Here's a complete manual for the device:
MOVIDRIVE® compact System Manual

Edited by Hati

Yes, I have only DGB11B. No way to connect the inverter to my PC. I searched almost all parameters and I can see no parameter that can e.g. disable a bus and enable terminal controls. I will try to ask SEW tech support.

Here's a screenshot of one of the parameter pages, look what i have marked there.

34.jpg

What a shame, I missed that. However, TERMINALS should be factory default, so should be set there. I will check it next week, thanks.