Red

Simple Question?

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm working on my migration from CJ series to Sysmac (NJ/NX).  I've encountered something I think is  a simple answer but I just can't find anything in the documentation or forums that has gave me a concrete answer.

I want to increment a variable by one.  Is it not possible to insert a raw integer into the value field of the function?  (Please ignore the P_Off as this is only for test purposes only)

I know I can create a variable and make it a constant of one but that just seems odd to have to go through that many steps to do so.  

EDIT: 

I should add the variable I'm trying to increment is a UINT (Unsigned Integer)

The error I get is:

Error    1    Comparison, assignment, or operation is performed for different data types.    Program0 Data    Row 4

EDIT2:

While I solved my problem with this instance by using the Increment function, my root question still remains.  How do you supply a value of a number to a parameter of a function without creating a symbol for that parameter?

Thank you all for your time,

Error1.png

Error2.png

Edited by Red

Hi,

In Sysmac Studio in Ladder You have to assign type in constant value ("Type#Value"). For example UINT#1 or DINT#2 etc.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, realisator said:

Hi,

In Sysmac Studio in Ladder You have to assign type in constant value ("Type#Value"). For example UINT#1 or DINT#2 etc.

Ah!  I see.  I saw that listed in the manual but I didn't take it as literal.

Thank you kindly for that clarification!

DATA TYPE # VALUE

Int#1

REAL#3.14

This is the IEC standard designation for literals.

1 person likes this