ABlearner

Momentary push button

2 posts in this topic

Hello Guys!

I have a problem what I can't really solve.

In factory talk view (10.0) I wanna use a momentary push button. When I start the project, and I click on it nothing happening, the button activate only when I release it.

Its like there is an OSF instruction inside. 

I want the button activate until I push. May I use a wrong button ?

Could you guy please help me with this?

Thanks ahead.

You didn't include very much information, so please forgive me if my answer is a bit long and focused on the fundamentals. If you could include more details, like what specifically you want to have happen as the result of the button being pushed, it would be quite helpful.

First off, the button should actuate immediately when pushed. There is no OSF or other instruction in the HMI pushbuttons. 

In the momentary push button's properties dialog box, under the General tab, you can choose whether the button is normally open or normally closed. If the logic is set the reverse of what is required for your process, you might think it's not acting until released. There is also a "Hold time" which holds the pushbutton's changed state signal to the controller for the selected amount of time, regardless of how long the operator actually pushed the button for.

The states tab is where you set how the button appears when it is not pushed, vs pushed. A momentary pushbutton only has two states and by default, they are exactly the same when the button is initially drawn on the display. If the states are not edited, this could lead someone to think that nothing has happened until the button is pushed or released.

For any of this to work, there must be a tag assigned in the connections tab. Without an assigned tag, a momentary pushbutton is an object without any function and when you push it, nothing will happen.

Hope this helps.