KAWA8819

Factory talk view point Se 12 or 13

7 posts in this topic

When an object changes state in the plc, the fill animation color doesn't always refresh in the webpage  and  I have to press F5 on the keyboard to rectify the problem.

I have tried many different things but only getting little improvements and still can't get to the bottom of it

Any ideas? 

Thanks

Communication as I understand it goes PLC to HMI to WEBPAGE.

IF that assumption is correct, then I would ask is the animation color of the object at the HMI Screen changing in sync with the PLC .

In other words, are we looking at a PLC to HMI comms delay or issue or an HMI to Webpage issue?

To expand on @BobLfoot's answer: In SE, the controller tag data goes to an HMI server, and from there it is displayed on either an SE client or web page. When you say it doesn't always update, are you saying this is an intermittent problem? If so, and assuming this is not happening on the development computer, I'd want take a glance at the network and see if anything else (like an SE client) is having update issues. If you have SE clients (in addition to the web page), check to see whether they're updating in a timely manner. If you don't have any clients, create and launch one and see how it does.

In FT ViewPoint Admin, under the Server Settings tab, check the tag update rate and display synchronization settings.

Also, don't forget to check the obvious stuff, like making sure that in the HMI display itself, the tag update rate isn't set to something silly, like 60 seconds.

I am using the ft studio tag database mapped to the plc adresses and also derived tags. This problem never happens and it worked perfectly if I use the runtime client application but only in view point Web page, mainly the object fill refresh doesn't update on the computer that sends the commands to the plc and not in any other clients connected to that network ( developer computer included). When I have mentioned intermittent is because  sometimes works fine for a while then stops refreshing the fill animation unless you perform a Web refresh by pressing f5 on the keyboard or by navigating in to another scada page and come back.

I have also noticed that the system clock freezes up at the same time 

So the problem only happens on the web-page, and happens regardless of where your viewing from. And never happens on the Clients, regardless of where viewing from. I assume you mean the system clock on the web-page is also stopping; not the actual system clock in the controller. 

If all of that is true, I have to assume that it's not just the system clock and fill animation, but likely the whole web-page display that's freezing. This could be a network problem, even though it's happening on the development computer. Did you check the synch settings in the VP Admin?

1 person likes this

Yes the problem seems to be the Web page refreshing only and it comes back to life after pressing f5 and the clock only freezes on the page but not inside the system.( think system clock value in factory talk is the windows clock from the pc called in the scada with a command)

Do you mean view point sync screen settings? 

I have got it set at 5 minutes if I remember correctly and it can be set any lower.

When it is freezing you can still navigate to other pages and send other commands so it is not completely stuck. 

Edited by KAWA8819

Yes, that's the setting I was referring to and you already have it as low as it will go. 

It's bizarre that you only lose updates on two things, a fill animation and system clock, and only on web-page. Especially considering they're simultaneously working on the Clients. 

Are there other animations on this display that do work? If not, publish some displays that have other animations and see if they have the same issue to try narrow down if it's all animations, or just the fill. Not sure what to think about the system clock hanging up as well. How is that being displayed; via text box?, screen default?, other?