razelmania

How to create a weight totalizer program in sysmac studio

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

Seeking for your assistance on how to create a weight totalizing program using my NX1P2-1040DT1. I am having trouble creating one, since I am just learning this for the first time. Does it have special instruction or function block to directly totalize the numbers or should I use increment/add instruction? and Where should I move the data to store it as one?

Thank you for any suggestions you may give.

Is this a batch weight or steady flow? Are you getting the weight from a load cell, analog, or networked device? Are there multiple weights involved? Are you looking to get the total for the day sort of thing?

Like @photovoltaic said, a bit more information is needed to give specific assistance, but I am going to assume you are doing something like a batch weighing scenario, where you have multiple different weights sent from the scales during the course of a run, and you want to add all these together. I have attached a function block that I wrote for a project some years ago that does this. Basically, it takes the weight from the batch weigher or scales, and adds it to another variable when the trigger is True. In my case, I used the dump signal from the batch weigher. There is also a reset bit, to reset the output weight to 0 when needed. It does have a timer in it (comments explain why), and to be honest if I had to do it again I would do it a bit differently so it didn't need a timer, but for what I needed at the time it worked fine.

The function block does have comments in it, so you should be able to have a look at it and get an idea of how it works. It might not be exactly what you need, but might give you the idea to set something up for your own program.

Function Block.smc2

On 9/9/2023 at 6:39 AM, photovoltaic said:

Is this a batch weight or steady flow? Are you getting the weight from a load cell, analog, or networked device? Are there multiple weights involved? Are you looking to get the total for the day sort of thing?

Hello,

Thank you for your response, but I have figured it out already. I am using a loadcell to get the weight.

Regarding the totalizer that I have mentioned, I used Add instruction as shown in the below photo.

Screenshot 2023-09-11 142103.png

Hi @BE,

Really appreciate your suggestions, thank you for this. This would really help me in the future.