Chavak

Monitor Ethernet IP devices on CJ2

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am using CJ2 CPU 33, with a CJ1W-EIP21 connecting around 15 devices on an Ethernet IP network, [ some remote IO, servo drives and SMC valve banks]. How do I monitor whether these devices are connected and active in the network. First time doing this in an Omron PLC.

Thank You

Regards

In manual W465 section 4 you will find the memory allocations for the EIP module. You will find the status flags for your connected devices in these areas.

Chelton,

I was looking thru the manual as you stated,

As usual Omron manuals are difficult to crack. I'll continue to grind it ........

Thank you

Providing the node address of the slave devices you want to see the connection status of is less than 63, you will be able to see the connection status flags in the CIO memory. The base address is calculated of the unit number CIO 1500 + (n x 25). Within this block of 25 words you will find the connection status in n+15-19 and n+20-23 so CIO 1516 - 1519 and CIO 1520 - 1523 if the unit number is 0. Each bit represents 1 node, so the 4 words can show the status up to node 63.

Chelton,

Thank you for the reply.

How do I identify the node number of each device. Does goes by the last octet of the IP address of each unit. My Network card [Unit number 3] on the PLC is using 192.168.1.10, HMI is .11, followed by devices start from .20 onwards. I was looking at the Network configurator to see any node number reference, couldn't find it. My total node count on each PLC is using less than 20 nodes in total. highest last octet number on one PLC is 43 and the other one is 89. 

So based the notes, CIO 1591.00 ~ 1594.15 and 1596.00 ~ 1599.15 I should see some feedback when it is running normally, right. I will look out for it on Monday.

From the manual I see n+16 onwards is the "registered target node" and n+20 onwards are the "normal target node". What is the meaning of registered/normal? Is it those nodes registered in Network configurator and those that are found on the network?

Thank you very much.

Edited by Chavak

Yes in a class C or 255.255.255.0 (/24)  network it will go by the last octet. 

If you have the devices registered in the scan list you will see the corresponding bit/node "high" in the address range n+16-19. These addresses will show you the nodes registered to the EIP module. If communications are established with the target node address you will see the corresponding bit go high in the address range n+20-23.

Bit's in the range n+20-23 will go high or low when communication is up/down

Hi Chelton,

For the PLC with nodes lower than 63 I am getting the results in the default CIO area now.

But for the PLC with nodes higher than 63, I configured using the user status settings and now I'm getting the data on both systems. 

Thank You

2 people like this

Nice work, and thank you for posting your update.