stonehost

C120 Program Conversion

2 posts in this topic

I have a customer with a defective C120. I have a program supplied by the customer that was uploaded from the PLC in 2008. If I open the program with notepad, the first line says SWN20 but almost everything else is unreadable. I assume it's a Syswin file. I've tried changing the extension and using the CX conversion program without success. Is there a way to convert this program to a CX One file?

If I am unable to convert this program, should I be able to upload into CX-One using a CQM1-CIF02 and C200H-IP007 ?

The C120 has a PRO15 programming console attached. The machine has been running but stopped recently. The problem is that the display console shows <RUN> PASSWORD! but the run contact does not close and the light does not come on.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!!

You cannot create a CX Programmer project for the C120. It can however upload and download backup files. I don't think this is your best option though since you would not be able to view the ladder program.

I cannot confirm that the C120 can communicate via CQM1-CIF02 and C200H-IP007 with any PC software. I don't think it will but we'll see if someone older than me can confirm this. I believe you would need the C120-LK201 and a serial cable. Note:  Just because the handheld will work doesn't mean PC communication will. 

I would use the PRO15 and write the program down in mnemonics. Most likely, the password is not set on the PLC. Press CLR > MON > CLR to get to the mnemonics list. 

You say the Run light does not come on. I assume you tried switching the PRO15 from PRG to RUN?