MechEngi

SEND command from CP1L-E to another CP1L-E

3 posts in this topic

I'm trying to simply send 1 word of data from 1 CP1L-E to another one, on the same subnet. I dont have any CP1W-EIP61 adapters and wish to know if it's possible to do it using only the built-in Ethernet Port on the PLCs.

Setup:

• Sender PLC's IP address is 10.1.14.62
  • Receiver PLC's IP address is 10.1.14.214
  • 1 word of data needs to be sent from W20 in the sender to W20 in the receiver
  • Both PLC's are connected to the same network switch in the plant

My current control word parameters :

C = 0001 (1 word of data)

C+1 = XX00 (XX = which port number should I use?) (00 = local network)

C+2 = D6FA (D6 hex = 214 decimal, which is the node address of the receiver PLC) (FA = Unit address setting for CPEL-E Built in ethernet port)

C+3 = 0005 (0 = Response required, 0 = port #0, 05 = 5 retries)

C+4 = 0064 (10 sec monitoring time)

In the receiver PLC, the W20 word never changes. In the sender PLC, the Error flag (A202.00) always turns on. What am I doing wrong?

Control word.png

Ladder.png

Unit address.png

at a quick glance destination unit address should be 00 - the CPU, you don't want to communicate with the built in ethernet port.

My opinion & probably many of the old timers is you don't "tell" you "ask", meaning you should use a "RECV" not a "SEND" too. 

13 hours ago, chelton said:

at a quick glance destination unit address should be 00 - the CPU, you don't want to communicate with the built in ethernet port.

My opinion & probably many of the old timers is you don't "tell" you "ask", meaning you should use a "RECV" not a "SEND" too. 

Well, that was it ! Works like a charm now !

You're right about receiving instead of sending too. I originaly wanted to send data based on an updated in status of the sender PLC, but it makes more sense to ask for data when needed in the sequence.