Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zamora

EPSON RC+ 7.0 Error 1808 - USB Driver is not installed

3 posts in this topic

Good day all. 

We have a machine at our site that uses Epson robots and has a PC with which we can connect to the robots through an USB cable. Yesterday there was a planned power shut down at the factory site, so all of the robotic equipment was safely shut off before that. This morning I am trying to connect to the robots using the PC and I get the Error code 1808: Cannot connect to controller, USB driver is not installed. Out of multiple Epson robots, this was the only one with this issue. 

The equipment was working just fine yesterday. Looking through the Epson website, I can't find the USB driver, and re-installing the whole software is not an option as this equipment was provided as-is by the vendor. 

Do you have any recommendations about what I can do or how this could have happened? 

I appreciate your replies, 

Best regards,

As a note, under the the path C:\EpsonRC70\Controller\Drivers there is a program called USBDiverInstaller.exe. Running this program pops up a message and says the driver has been installed, but the problem still persists. 

4 hours ago, Zamora said:

Out of multiple Epson robots, this was the only one with this issue. 

That makes me suspect that there's a hardware issue (whether robot or USB interface) that was triggered/exposed by the power cycle.  Have you tried swapping USB interfaces from a working PC/converter/Robot combination to see if the problem follows the converter?  Or swapping a known-good PC w/ converter to hook to the affected robot?

(I am not an Epson Robot guy.)