GrancoClark

Gathering Omron PLC data - Aveva Historian

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any experience with Aveva Historian, gathering data from Omron processors?  

This is their System Platform 2023, again Historian.  I am close, but am not getting data.  I loaded the OMRONFINS driver, and set up and configured a device, pointing to the PLC, and then I have an 'IDAS', with an IO Server, but that's where it seems to fall short.  I seem to need to add a topic to add a tag, but what should the topic be?  In other words, what is the tie from the IO Server, to the device as configured in the 'Operations Integration Server Manager"?  I can provide screen shots and more details on request, but wanted to introduce the topic here to see if there is anyone else here with experience/know how in this area.  Thanks much in advance.

I have worked a lot with Wonderware, now Aveva Historian, but not with Omron PLCs of late.  The topic that it is looking for is the OPC Server Name that the PCL responds to.  Quite likely what you named it in your Omron Software.  Screenshots of your OIS setup would help get a better response.  Also if you have a Customer First Support Agreement, I'd call your distributor tech support.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  I ultimately 'fought' my way through it in their Historian Adminisration utility, needing to create a 'DeviceSelector' and then a 'Device Group' inside that actually corresponds to a topic that needs to be created for the 'IDAS" where the tags are created.  I can fill in more details for anyone who needs them or is interested, but that is glossing over, and I do have it functional.  Thanks again.  

Glad you got it, sounds very similiar to what I have to do definining backplane, device and topic for AB PLC.