Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kape007

Micro 850/Studio 5000 Ownership Conflict

7 posts in this topic

Having difficulty with a read message from a micro 850 V12 firmware to a Studio 5000 V29.11 firmware project.

The error I'm getting is 16#0001 Extended 16#000_0106 which is "Ownership conflict"

I used Rockwell Tech Connect and got the message working.... However, their fix was unchecking the "Connected" box of the CIP data table read instruction. Having this unchecked is making communications error checking a bit more work.

I would like to have it all working as it should or at the very least understand why I'm getting this fault with the "connected" box checked in the message instruction.

Attached is a snip of the MSG instruction and micro ethernet settings.

Thanks in advance!

Error on connected CCW.PNG

Micro 850 Enet.PNG

Logic.PNG

Edited by Kape007

Can you collect packet captures of the working (unconnected) and failing (connected) situations?

(That is a really strange/inappropriate error code from the Micro8xx for a buffered messaging connection.)

I'm not sure how to accomplish packet captures... But here is my stab at it through Linx. I'm guessing this will not be helpful though.

Working packet capture .11.PNG

Broken packet capture on one MSG .11.PNG

The first is working, the second is broken

By packet captures, I meant Wireshark or tcpdump actual packets, not stats.  You may need a lightly managed switch with port mirror capabilities to do this, or a computer with bridging functionality in between the two PLCs (this is what I usually do, with my office Linux hypervisor).

I'm not sure if I will be able to accomplish that through our VPN to the plant... I wonder if a straight connection around the plants network switches would result in the same problem?

Generally, to capture packets between two arbitrary devices other than the computer running Wireshark (or similar), you need:

• Two NICs on the wireshark computer, in bridge mode, with the two devices somewhere on either side (and no other path), or
  • The wireshark computer and at least one of the two devices on a true Ethernet Hub (not a switch), or
  • The wireshark computer on the mirror port of a port mirroring switch, with at least one of the two devices on the same switch, and the mirror configured to duplicate all traffic to/from that device port to the mirror, or a
  • High level mirroring configuration on commercial grade managed switches.

A VPN is likely only compatible with the last of those.

When not in my own networks, I tend to use command line wireshark (tshark) on an appliance-style Linux box in the first configuration.  Then transfer the file to my workstation to view.