Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill B

NJ301 Ethernet : Communications Error Has Occurred

3 posts in this topic

Thank you for letting me join the form, this is my first post.

I am currently changing to a new laptop and am unable to connect to our NJ PLC via ethernet with hub connection.

I have installed CX-One and Sysmac Studio on the new laptop. Windows 10

We have a network of 40 CP1H PLC's ,1 CJ2M PLC, 1 NJ301 PLC and Multiple NS HMI's.

I am able to connect with everything except the NJ PLC, so this tell me my network adapter and cables are all working. Also I can still connect with the old laptop.

It passes the communications test and can be seen via communications middleware browser but will not go online.

I spoke with Omron support and they thought maybe a fire wall. Our IT department has checked and they say nothing is being blocked.

I uninstalled Sysmac Studio and reinstalled (using windows uninstall not an Omron remover) 

I am at a loss as my old laptop is on its last leg so do not want to be stuck.

I have attached some screen shots.

Hoping someone will have some ideas.

Thank You

Comms Setup.PNG

Communication Middleware.PNG

Error.PNG

Is the IP address on your laptop set in the 192.168.250.x range like the PLCs?

Are you certain the IP address on the new laptop is not the same as another existing device?

Thank you for the rely Crossbow.

Yes my Laptop is set to 192.168.250.129. and nothing else has that address. And I can connect to all the Cx-one PLC's on the same network

the new laptop does not have an ethernet card so I am using an USB to Ethernet adapter, I thought that was maybe causing an issue so I tried it on my old laptop and it connected

fine to the NJ.

I do have XP mode installed in Hyper-V which has a virtual switch but that is the same setup I had on the old laptop.